How much time do you have?! If you have the RIB for the day, then you might want to head for Lymington, or perhaps The Hut for lunch. At an average speed of 6 knots it takes about 20 minutes to get to the mouth of the River Hamble. Then once in open water, at an average of 35 knots, it takes about:
- 10 minutes to Cowes Town Quay
- 15 minutes to Newtown Creek
- 35 minutes to the mouth of Portsmouth Harbour
- 30 minutes to The Hut, Colwyn Bay
- 40 minutes up the river to Lymington Town Quay
Or, explore the upper reaches of the River Hamble, or the Beaulieu River. Perhaps anchor off Osborne Bay for lunch. As a member of the Urban Truant RIB Club the Solent is your playground!